Amp up your events career with a global production powerhouse.
Encore are a global event technologies company that specialises in virtual, in-person and hybrid events that connect and inspire. At Encore we believe in creating memorable event experiences that engage and transform organisations by serving as an invaluable partner on our customers’ journey to success. Key to that success is finding the right person to join our operations team as Operations Manager.
The Opportunity: Operations Manager
We’re on the lookout for an Operations Manager to join our operations team. Reporting to the Operations Director APAC, the role of the Operations Manager is to oversee the organisation and provision of equipment, transport, inventory and related to staff to ensure that the client and business demand are met. The Operations Manager would also supervise and support in areas of logistics, safety, purchasing, repair and maintenance and labour management.
- Manage the supply, integrity and allocation of equipment to meet business and client requirements
- Monitor external hires to ensure Encore Event Technologies equipment is used in preference to externally hired equipment
- Oversee complex jobs in conjunction with Production, Sales, and Operations
- Ensure the effective and efficient rostering of casual and full-time crew to ensure show delivery needs are met
- Effectively plan the rostering of crew and casuals to ensure that payroll costs are minimised and that the skills mix on every job is correct
- Manage the availability, allocation, and maintenance of company vehicles
- Submit and approve purchase orders, payroll claims and variations needs
- Build capability through identifying, nurturing and sourcing talent to meet current and future business needs
- Provide coaching and mentoring to develop and optimise individual and team capability
What we're looking for in our Director of Event Technology
The successful candidate will be a customer focused individual who demonstrates a high level of understanding the clients needs and being able to recommend solutions. If you’re passionate about events and looking for career progression in the Audio Visual and Events industry, then we want to hear from you!
- Previous experience in meetings and events is essential. Proven track record of a successful event management career.
- Sound knowledge of Audio-Visual Equipment and the hire thereof.
- Excellent planning, organisational, time management & account management skills.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Solid track record in managing a high performing team and within a third party venue.
- Strong business acumen and financial Management skills.
- Customer centric and ability to build strong and long-lasting customer relationship. Previous experience in serving high end client is highly regarded.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Strong rostering and cost management experience.
- Experience in the hospitality or luxury sector.
- Qualification in Hospitality or Events is highly regarded.
- First class customer service skills
- Team player.
- Working rights in the country where the role is based.
What we can offer you and why you'll love the Encore team
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding! We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It’s our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore Event Technologies we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.
- Be a part of our mission to bring people together, facilitate ideas and build relationships for our customers’ and enjoy all the perks that we offer:
- “Great Place To Work” certification, ensuring a supportive and engaging work environment
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion programs that foster a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all
- Wellness initiatives to prioritise your physical and mental well-being
- Ample opportunities for career progression and professional growth
- Commitment to sustainability initiatives, contributing to a greener future
- Salary packaging options
Certified as a Great Place to Work®
Encore has been officially certified as a Great Place To Work® in Australia, Austria, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, UAE and the U.S. Great Place to Work are the global authority on workplace culture and Certification recognises employers who create an outstanding employee experience.
We surveyed all of our team members across the globe about their experience working at Encore followed by a short questionnaire about our workforce. Both our team members’ feedback and workforce questionnaire were independently analysed to determine our score which provides job seekers with a true insight into our great company culture direct from those who create it.
Current Opportunities for Operations Manager
Operations Manager – Auckland, New Zealand
Operations Manager – Adelaide, SA
Related Job Roles / Opportunities
APPLY TODAY AND TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT STAGE
Our mantra is to turn every event into an extraordinary experience. If you believe you can help us do just that, apply today.