STATEMENT ABOUT PRIVACY AND COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Encore Event Technologies Group in Australia and New Zealand, which includes Encore Event Technologies Group Pty Limited (ABN 69 083 269 701), Encore Event Technologies Pty Limited (ABN 46 006 668 702), and in New Zealand, Encore Event Technologies NZ Limited (collectively Encore Event Technologies Group, and individually we/us/our), aims to protect the privacy of the personal information that we collect and hold while carrying out our activities. This is an important policy goal for the Encore Event Technologies Group.
We are also bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (Principles) established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and, in New Zealand, the Information Privacy Principles (also called Principles) of the Privacy Act 1993 (the NZ Act). This statement has been developed as part of the Encore Event Technologies Group’s efforts to achieve its policy goal and to comply with its obligations under that legislation.
Personal information is any information or opinion that is capable of identifying a person or about an identifiable individual. This statement applies to personal information collected from and about staff, clients, potential clients, previous clients, suppliers and any other person whose personal information we may collect from time to time.
This statement explains:
• what types of personal information we might collect;
• how we aim to use personal information;
• when we will disclose personal information to others;
• how we manage and secure personal information;
• how you can access and seek to correct personal information that we hold about you; and
• how you may make a complaint if you think that we have breached the Principles.
This statement does not form part of any contract (except to the extent that we expressly specify that it does).
From time to time, we may review and update this statement – for example, to reflect changes to the law, technology or our companies. You should check the version of this Privacy Statement available on our websites periodically to read about any updates.
EXCEPTION IN RELATION TO EMPLOYEE RECORDS
The Principles do not apply to employee records except in the case of employee records held in New Zealand. As a result, this statement does not apply to our treatment of Australian employee records, where the treatment is directly related to a current or former employment relationship between any of us and an employee.
1. WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Encore Event Technologies Group only collects ‘personal information’ (as defined under the Act or the NZ Act as is applicable) that is reasonably necessary for our activities. The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of the interaction between you and the Encore Event Technologies Group, and where and how we collect the information.
Personal information collected by the Encore Event Technologies Group includes but is not limited to:
- information about:
- clients and potential clients, including bank account details ( to the extent they include personal information) and clients of venue operators with which we work;
- exhibitors and potential exhibitors; and
- attendees, visitors, and others who register in relation to events, exhibitions, promotions or other Encore Event Technologies Group activities or on a Encore Event Technologies Group website or a website established or administered by any of the Encore Event Technologies Group, (collectively called ‘Clients and Visitors‘), including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers and other contact details, details about their company or industry and also information about their use of any of the Encore Event Technologies Group’s services;
- information about job applicants, staff members and volunteers;
- details of other people who come into contact with any of the Encore Event Technologies Group such as suppliers, subcontractors and other service providers, sponsors, advertisers, agents, and business associates (collectively called ‘Suppliers‘); and
- information about names, addresses, roles, and means of communication with and personal attributes of officers, employees and other representatives of corporations that any of the Encore Event Technologies Group deals with (collectively called ‘Personal Representatives‘).
If some information that we request is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with services or engage you to work for us.
Some of the information we collect is ‘sensitive information’ (as defined under the Act), including information about your membership of a professional or trade association, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliation, or health. The Act requires us only to collect sensitive information from you where this is consented to by you and reasonably necessary for our activities, or if the collection is required by law or a court or tribunal order, and only to share personal information including sensitive information if we have a belief that its use or disclosure is necessary:
- to lessen or prevent threats to health, life or safety of any individual;
- to investigate unlawful activity or serious misconduct within or connected with its business;
- to assist enforcement bodies, such as the police, with their activities;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim; and/or
- for the purpose of confidential alternative dispute resolution.
Note this statement as it applies to sensitive information does not apply to New Zealand, which does not distinguish between personal information and sensitive information.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We usually collect personal information directly from you, for example when you send us correspondence by e-mail or in writing, deal with us over the telephone or in person, contact us, request a quote or information, provide online feedback, or register or provide contact details in relation to an event, exhibition, promotion or other activity through one of our websites or a website established or administered by any of the Encore Event Technologies Group. We do not collect personal information from visitors on our website other than what is supplied to us on a voluntary basis.
Sometimes, someone else may provide us with personal information about you, with or without your direct involvement. For example, we might collect your personal information from:
- your employer if it provides your contact details;
- another organisation of which you are a member;
- a contractor or supplier;
- your representative;
- a venue operator;
- publicly available sources of information (such as telephone directories or websites); or
- commercially available mailing and marketing lists
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Information of Clients and Visitors, Suppliers and Personal Representatives
Personal information is collected from Clients and Visitors, Suppliers and Personal Representatives, to enable us to conduct our business. The purposes for which we use personal information of Clients and Visitors, Suppliers and Personal Representatives include (but are not limited to):
- to provide them with its services and/or products;
- to improve and develop its services and/or products;
- to provide ongoing support or help to manage its products, for example if they have a query;
- to communicate with them;
- to provide information about other products or services that we consider would interest them (which they can tell us not to do at any time);
- to help us run our business, for example to improve its products or services or its security, employ or train staff or undertake marketing activities; and
- to comply with its legal obligations.
If we collect your personal information to be used for any other purpose, we will let you know that purpose at the time we collect the information.
Information of job applicants and staff members
We collect personal information of job applicants and staff members for the primary purpose of assessing and (if successful) engaging the applicant or staff member as the case may be. The purposes for which we use personal information of job applicants and staff members include:
- managing the individual’s employment or engagement;
- insurance purposes;
- ensuring that it holds relevant contact information;
- satisfying its legal obligations; and
- enabling us and those individuals to work together.
Information of volunteers
We also collect personal information about volunteers who assist us, for purposes which include:
- assessing the suitability of the volunteer;
- insurance purposes;
- ensuring that it holds relevant contact information;
- satisfying its legal obligations; and
- enabling us and those volunteers to work together.
We may also use personal information in order to provide certain individuals with information about other events, promotions, products or services that it believes would be of interest. Individuals can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
4. WHEN WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS?
The Encore Event Technologies Group aims to confine its disclosure of personal information to the primary purpose for which it has been collected, or for a related purpose. This means that we will usually only disclose personal information in connection with our business and administrative functions, including when disclosure is necessary to provide you with a product or service that you have requested, help us with the running of our organisation, or for security reasons.
Sometimes we may also disclose your personal information outside the Encore Event Technologies Group for the purpose for which the information was collected, or for a related purpose – for example when disclosure is necessary to provide you with a product, service or activity you have requested, help us with the running of our organisation, or for security reasons.
We may provide your personal information to:
- owners and co-owners, promoters and sponsors of events or exhibitions;
- venue operators in relation to events or exhibitions;
- our clients in relation to their events or exhibitions;
- companies related to the Encore Event Technologies Group that are located overseas, in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Fiji, China and Singapore, and which are bound to comply with our privacy standards;
- outsourced subcontractors, service providers and other suppliers who perform functions on our behalf, such as organisations providing exhibition or event related goods or services, banking or financial services, internet hosting services, event registration services, security services, market research services and email or mail handling services, and representatives and agents who sell or promote goods and services on our behalf; Some of these organisations are located overseas and may not be bound by the Principles and in those cases, we seek to have those providers commit to compliance with standards that are the same as or similar to those set out in the Principles;
- anyone authorised by you to receive your personal information (your consent may be express or reasonably implied and can be withdrawn at any time);
- an actual or prospective purchaser in the event we sell part of our business; and
- anyone to whom we are required by law to disclose personal information.
We require third parties only to use your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was given to us and to protect the privacy of your personal information.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to the third parties listed above. You can withdraw your consent at any time by informing us in writing that you withdraw that consent.
If you do not permit the disclosure of some personal information as we request, we may not be able to meet our legal obligations or may not be able to do business with you or engage you to work for us. If this is the case, we will let you know.
5. ENCORE EVENT TECHNOLOGIES GROUP WEBSITES
When you visit the public pages of our websites, our website servers make a record of your visit and log the following information:
- your Internet Protocol address (which, in general terms, is a unique identifier assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet);
- search terms used;
- the operating system and Internet browser software you are currently using; and
- the data that you download (such as web pages or other document files or software), and the time that you download it.
This information cannot be used to identify you and is only used for statistical purposes to help us identify what parts of our website our users visit the most, which in turn assists us to determine how to improve our services.
If you contact us, register through any of our websites or email us, the Encore Event Technologies Group aims to only use your personal information to respond to your request or answer your queries. We may also add your email address to our mailing list, however you will be given the option to opt- out from receiving information about us, our events, promotions products and/or services.
You may be given information regarding cookies when first visiting a website operated by us. If you continue navigating the website without acknowledging that option, cookies are automatically accepted. If you wish to opt-out, most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. Please note that if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the website.
To the extent that our websites contain links to sites operated by third parties, including other organisations, those linked websites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the site operators.
6. HOW WE MANAGE AND SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION
A Privacy Officer has been appointed to be the Privacy Officer for the Encore Event Technologies Group. The Privacy Officer is responsible for managing any issues with personal information collected by a respective Encore Event Technologies company.
Our staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all personal information and the privacy of individuals, and we have directed our staff that personal information must be dealt with in accordance with this statement.
The Encore Event Technologies Group has security systems in place which are intended to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by the use of various methods including, for example, an IT system which ensures only authorised computers and employees are granted access to our computer network and a security policy which controls what folders and files employees have access to.
If wereceive personal information about you which we did not request and which we do not reasonably require, we may destroy or de-identify this information where appropriate.
If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com
If you are in New Zealand, your personal information is held by Encore Event Technologies NZ Limited registered office c/of Minter Ellison Rudd Watts, Lumley Centre, 88 Shortland Street, Auckland, New Zealand.
7. UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The Encore Event Technologies Group aims to keep all personal information that we hold accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to tell us if you change your contact details. If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact our relevant Privacy Officer as indicated above.
We are required by law to keep some types of information for certain periods of time. If we no longer require your personal information, we have an obligation to destroy or de-identify that information. We reserve the right to retain information for a period longer than that for which it is required to retain the information if we consider that it is necessary for our functions, and as long as it is in accordance with the Principles.
8. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Under the Act, you generally have the right to obtain access to any personal information which we hold about you, to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy in that information and to request correction of that information. There are some exceptions to this right.
In some circumstances, the Act entitles us to deny access, for example, if providing access would impact unreasonably on the privacy of others or prejudice negotiations in which we are involved. There are also exceptions pursuant to the NZ Act. If we do refuse access, we will generally let you know the reasons for our refusal (unless it is unreasonable to do so, in accordance with the Principles or the NZ Act as applicable).
If you make a request for access to your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance.
To make a request to access any information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer as indicated above, in writing.
9. QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or would like to make a complaint about the Encore Event Technologies Group’s compliance with the Principles, please contact our Privacy Officer as indicated above, in writing.