Exciting job opportunity to help deliver events within a prestigious Melbourne venue
Amp up your AV technology and production career with a global powerhouse in event services.
We are Australia’s largest in-house event production company specialising in the delivery of in-person, hybrid and virtual events. We are on the lookout for a Venue Director to join our dedicated team working with in-house at one of Melbourne’s premium hotel venues.
You will be responsible for promoting our products and services to our venue partners and clients, and assisting them with finding a solution to meet their needs. Exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage a high volume of short leads and a successful track record in building strong customer relationships are key to your success. As this role will involve managing sales and day to day operations in the venue network, you will need to effectively drive the results of your team and ensure world class service for our clients.
About your role as a Venue Director
- Ensure the efficient and safe running of event staging services within the venues
To be highly visible with key venue management ensuring they know EET and trust us
- Build and maintain relationship with venues and clients to ensure successful client relations and
smooth running of all events
- Meet with venue staff and clients to arrange and plan upcoming functions to their specifications and
to establish, confirm or revise their requirements
- Educate and advise clients and venue staff alike on the most appropriate audio-visual equipment,
digital options and the necessary crew to best meet their presentation needs and budget
- Check and/or delegate staff to check rooms including set up of audio visual equipment prior to
- Provide equipment for venue training programs and meetings to the same standard as with clients
- Check twice daily (minimum) for additional functions and changes to existing functions
- Ensure collection of “event orders” and generate “estimates” where audio-visual services are
- Attend all venue meetings that are relevant to Encore Event Technologies or deemed necessary by
the venues e.g. Banquet Sales meetings, Banquet Service meetings, Operational meetings,
General Staff meetings, and Client meetings
- Provide effective and accurate rosters for crew and ensure that the
weekly roster deadline is met.
- Maintain and disseminate crew rosters and schedules
- Responsible for the appearance and operational performance of Encore equipment in the venues
- Co-ordinate with venues set up and breakdown staff so as to provide smooth interaction between their tasks and those of Encore
- Maintain effective communication with Operations Director to ensure any issues or concerns are
dealt with quickly
Why you'll love the Encore team
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It’s our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore Event technologies we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.
APPLY TODAY AND TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT STAGE
Our mantra is to turn every event into an extraordinary experience. If you believe you can help us do just that, apply today.