Exciting job opportunity for a Technical Event Director in Melbourne
Amp up your AV technology and production career with a global powerhouse in event services.
Encore are Australia’s leading events company. We have been delivering award-winning events for over 40 years across the country and around the world. We are looking for an experienced and creative Technical Event Director to join our 5 Star team in Melbourne.
Based in Melbourne, this role is responsible for the effective supervision of crew in the delivery, installation, operation and removal of audio visual equipment required to operate shows of any size and difficulty. In addition, the Technical Event Director is responsible for technical consultation and advice to the business.
This role is the pinnacle of technical roles within Encore, responsible for mentoring our technicians, delivering training and providing a positive culture to the business. As part of our highly creative production team you will be working with some of the most qualified and respected AV technicians, creative designers, web streamers and managers in the industry.
If you like thinking outside the square and trying new things then this is a great opportunity to expand on your skill set across all production facets and enhance your career.
About your role as a Technical Event Director
- Developing event objectives
- Publishing show brief information including schedules, floor plans, schematics
- On Site Event management
- Attending client meetings and briefings
- Researching new technology and maintaining knowledge of current technology trends
- Staff leadership & development
- Project ownership from concept through to delivery
- Providing on the job coaching and mentoring to crew
- Managing the financial integrity of events; and
- Implementing and maintaining effective health and safety systems, complying with our OH&S and Risk Management Program.
Essential Criteria to be successful
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical production environment
- Thorough technical understanding of AV equipment
- High level computer skills (Word, Excel, R2.Cad skills i.e Vectorworks)
- Ability to work within constrained budgets with limited resources
- People Management/Leadership skills and work with the production team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work after hours (when necessary)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000
Certified as a Great Place to Work®
Encore has been officially certified as a Great Place To Work® in Australia, the U.S., Mexico, UK, Germany, and UAE. Great Place to Work are the global authority on workplace culture and Certification recognises employers who create an outstanding employee experience.
We surveyed all of our team members across the globe about their experience working at Encore followed by a short questionnaire about our workforce. Both our team members’ feedback and workforce questionnaire were independently analysed to determine our score which provides job seekers with a true insight into our great company culture direct from those who create it.
Why you'll love the Encore team
Encore Event Technologies are an award winning event services and technology company renowned for delivering amazing event experiences. We are part of a global group of brands specialising in events around the world.
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It’s our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore Event technologies we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.
Watch out team in action
Our mantra is to turn every event into an extraordinary experience. If you believe you can help us do just that, apply today.