Amp up your events career with a global production powerhouse.
Encore are a global event technologies company that specialises in hybrid and in-person events that connect and inspire. At Encore we believe in creating memorable event experiences that engage and transform organisations by serving as an invaluable partner on our customers’ journey to success. Key to that success is having the right people to lead the team in the role of Regional Director of Event Technology.
Regional Director of Event Technology Opportunity
The Regional Director of Event Technology (Regional DET) is responsible for ensuring strong relationships exist between our onsite teams and venue management at multiple venues in their region. They manage the organisation and provision of event staging services and staff resources to meet the needs of their respective venues and their clients. The service provided will be highly professional with a view to timeliness, appropriate conduct and effective cost management of human resources and services as well as the P&L, to ensure the profitability of the Encore activities in the venue.
- Ensure the efficient and safe running of event staging services within multiple venues
- Build and maintain relationship with multiple venues and clients to ensure successful client relations and smooth running of all events
- Meet with venue staff and clients to arrange and plan upcoming functions to their specifications and to establish, confirm or revise their requirements
- Ensure collection of “event orders” and generate “estimates” where audio-visual services are required
- Provide effective and accurate rosters for crew via the use of Timetarget and ensure that the weekly roster deadline is met
- Oversee the internal X-hire of equipment and labour from base operations including the provision of as much notice as possible to base regarding additional requirements
- Identify sales opportunities and offer effective solutions to venue clients including the promotion of Encore services and products
- Attend and present at Venue partners promotional events
- Maintain accurate reports and monitor financial performance of venue and discuss with Financial Controller or designate as and when required
- Ensure weekly and monthly billing is closed off at the end of each period
- Build capability through identifying, nurturing and sourcing talent to meet current and future business needs
- Assist and be involved in regular performance reviews and provide feedback
What we're looking for in our Regional Director of Event Technology
- Previous experience in audio visual technology
- Proven track record of managing a large team of people
- Proven management or supervisory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Time management skills; the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Excellent decision making skills
What we can offer you and why you'll love the Encore team
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding! We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It’s our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore Event Technologies we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.
- Be a part of our mission to bring people together, facilitate ideas and build relationships for our customers’ and enjoy all the perks that we offer:
- “Great Place To Work” certification, ensuring a supportive and engaging work environment
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion programs that foster a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all
- Wellness initiatives to prioritise your physical and mental well-being
- Ample opportunities for career progression and professional growth
- Commitment to sustainability initiatives, contributing to a greener future
- Salary packaging options
Certified as a Great Place to Work®
Encore has been officially certified as a Great Place To Work® in Australia, Austria, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, UAE and the U.S. Great Place to Work are the global authority on workplace culture and Certification recognises employers who create an outstanding employee experience.
We surveyed all of our team members across the globe about their experience working at Encore followed by a short questionnaire about our workforce. Both our team members’ feedback and workforce questionnaire were independently analysed to determine our score which provides job seekers with a true insight into our great company culture direct from those who create it.
Current Opportunities for Regional DET
Regional Director of Event Technology – Melbourne
Regional Director of Event Technology – Sydney
Related Job Roles / Opportunities
APPLY TODAY AND TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT STAGE
Our mantra is to turn every event into an extraordinary experience. If you believe you can help us do just that, apply today.