We're looking for a dedicated Workplace Health & Safety Manager
Encore Event Technologies are Australia’s leading events company and we’re on the lookout for a WHS Manager to join the team working from our Rydalmere location just outside of Sydney. If you are all about safety first and love working in the exciting world of live events and audio visual technology, then this is your dream opportunity. If this sounds right up your alley, please read more and submit your application using the form at the bottom.
For over 30 years, Encore Event Technologies has been a leading event production and technology company specialising in the delivery of corporate events across Asia Pacific. As our Workplace Healthy & Safety Manager you will foster a safety culture of zero harm protecting employees, contractors and the community from exposure to risk, injury, illness and environmental issues. You will champion the systems, procedures and behaviours underpin and reinforce the Encore culture.
If you have a passion for events this is a great opportunity to advance your career in event production and technology, we would like to hear from you!
Your Responsibilities As Our Workplace Healthy & Safety Manager
- Lead, direct and be the business expert in Workplace Health & Safety.
- Work across the business continue to drive improvement whilst maintaining an excellent safety culture across a dynamic work environment.
- Lead the continued development of a strong WH&S culture characterised by people who care for the safety of themselves and others.
- Manage the company's risk assessment processes.
- Report safety and training metrics to Managing Director and Leadership Team.
- Analyse workplace injury statistics, risk management, and causation data to develop process to eradicate injury from the work place.
- Ensure safety policies, processes and systems are updated with legislation to support the ongoing monitoring and reporting of safety performance.
- Manage workplace incident investigation processes.
- Manage Workers Compensation and Injury Management processes in conjunction with HR Manager.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of staff at all levels to ensure the focus on Workplace Health & Safety has an appropriate profile in the organisation.
What we’re looking for in our Workplace Healthy & Safety Manager
- Team based management skills are critical for success in this role.
- In-depth knowledge of Workplace, Health & Safety policies.
- Qualifications in Workplace Occupational Safety Management disciplines.
- Proven experience in Workers Compensation and Injury Management processes.
- Experience in conducting operational risk assessments.
- Knowledge of the AV & Events Industry (desirable not essential).
- Experience in working in a cultural in a safety context.
- Relevant experience in training and coaching various levels of an organisation.
- Flexibility to work after hours and on the weekends as required.
- Well developed analytical skills, specially safety reporting and analysis.
- Well developed influencing and stakeholder management skills.
Why you’ll love working with Encore Event Technologies
We believe in turning ordinary events into extraordinary experiences. Encore Event Technologies is the largest event services company operating throughout Asia Pacific. For over 30 years we've maintained a reputation as a leading events company, offering unrivaled experience across audio visual, lighting, staging, styling, multimedia, through to the latest in event technology. It's our passion for creating extraordinary experiences that drives our 750+ team.
We invest in our people, because we believe in hiring the most talented in their field – who can bring something special to your event. We have put on events for the likes of Amway, Macquarie Bank, Dell, Tourism Australian and Rotary Australia. And we have the awards to prove it.
We truly love what we do. Because for us, it’s not just about turning up. We love transforming spaces using creative ideas and the latest event technology. And ultimately? We love turning an ordinary event into an extraordinary experience.
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.