Venue Services Director - Seoul
Our events team is expanding throughout Asia and we have an amazing opportunity for an experienced event professional to join us in Seoul, South Korea as our Venue Services Director. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment within a respected and growing event company, then please continue reading...
Encore are looking for a Venue Services Director to join our sister company, Encore Event Technologies, in Seoul, South Korea. With the growth of our South Korean operations, we are looking for a professional whom has a solid track record in leading and managing a high performing team, solid experience in building and maintaining successful working relationships with venue partners and a strategic leader who can drive profitability. The VSD is responsible for the organisation and provision of services to the Company’s venue partners, ensuring customer demands are met and exceeded, and to increase profitable revenues. This role is both sales and operational focus. In order to be considered for the role, you will need to have full working rights in South Korea.
Interested to work for a growing international events company? We would like to hear from you!
What our Venue Services Director is responsible for:
- Maintain excellent relationships with all Venue partner leadership teams and staff
- Ensure the quality of service provided by the Encore team is always at high and consistent levels
- Evaluate and improve service and financial performance on a regular basis
- Identify and implement strategies to increase profitable revenues for each Venue partner
- Manage a team of sales, operational and technical staff
- Provide sales support and coaching to employees
- Attend and present at venue partner promotional events
- Oversee the financial management and cost control of each venue operation
- Implement and maintain effective health and safety systems, complying with our WH&S and Risk Management Program
- Work right in South Korea is required
What we're looking for in our Venue Services Director:
- Qualification in Hospitality or Events is highly regarded
- At least 10 years’ experience in event management/ hospitality industry
- Proven experience in managing a high performing team
- Financial management skills with sound understanding of cost control and budgeting
- Ability to work with constrained budgets with limited resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Korean
- Effective negotiation skill and conflict resolution skill
- Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Excellent time management skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent decision making skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work after hours (when necessary) and attend industry events
- A full working right to work in South Korea is pre-requisite for the role
Why you'll love working with Encore
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.