Dream event job opportunity for experienced Technical Directors!
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a driven and qualified individual to join our in-house venue team in the role of Technical Director. Encore Event Technologies are the largest in-house audio visual and event services company in the Asia Pacific. We partner with over 100 four and five star hotels, sporting grounds, conference centres and resorts in the region making us the name behind some of the biggest and most technically demanding events to hit our shores. If you are wanting to join a growing company managing exciting live events, then apply today!
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a driven and qualified individual to join our in-house venue team in the role of Technical Director. The Technical Director is primarily responsible for the production of events and is instrumental in fostering and developing strong relationships with all of our sales, creative and operations departments to drive the success and smooth delivery of our shows. You will provide high end technical and event expertise and be a resource for the entire event production process from the event inception through to the final delivery.
Your key responsibilities as our Technical Director
- Developing event objectives;
- Publishing show brief information including schedules, floor plans, schematics;
- On Site Event management;
- Attending client meetings and briefings;
- Researching new technology and maintaining knowledge of current technology trends;
- Providing on the job coaching and mentoring to crew;
- Managing the financial integrity of events; and
- Implementing and maintaining effective health and safety systems, complying with our OH&S and Risk Management Program.
What we're looking for
- Experience in a senior role in a Staging production environment or equivalent;
- Understanding of CAD systems used within Encore;
- Experience in the Hospitality or Events industry (highly desirable);
- Experience in working within large venue environments (ballroom size 500pax plus);
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical production environment;
- Thorough technical understanding of audio, vision and lighting equipment;
- High level computer skills;
- Ability to work within budgets constraints;
- Highly developed leadership skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Why you’ll love working with Encore
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.