Are you ready to be our Manager of Event Production in Sydney?
Encore Event Technologies is an award-winning event services company, specialising in the technical delivery of corporate events. We have an extremely exciting, and rare, opportunity for a business minded technical expert to head up our Production team in Sydney. If you have a background in AV and a proven track record for managing teams this is the perfect role you!
What our Manager of Event Production is responsible for:
- Advanced working knowledge of audio, visual and lighting equipment
- Provide input for produced events within the venue; could include working with PCO’s, producers, agencies and corporate clients
- Review and develop event proposals in co-ordination with sales, ensure accurate equipment and labour specification
- Develop and maintain weekly roster for technicians
- Publish show brief information including schedules, floor plans, schematics, crew paperwork
- Assists sales in creating TurboCad plans and/or Cast Vivian renders
- Manage recruitment process for all onsite technical staff in conjunction with ESM & HR
- Build strong relationships with labour vendors in conjunction with ESM
- Lead crew on larger events when required (set ups, pack-downs, show call and operates)
- Ensures showcraft is up to company standards
- Stock control, ensure all inventory is in good working order and available for events
- Build strong relationships with equipment sub-rental vendors in conjunction with ESM
- Order and maintain stock levels of consumables
- Review capital expenditure with ESM
- Attend operational meetings with venue as required
What we're looking for in our Event Production Manager:
- Proven management or supervisory experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in audiovisual equipment operation
- Proven event management and/or technical direction skills
- Understanding of CAD systems including Turbo CAD and cast Vivien
- Trained and proficient in safe manual handling practices
- Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation, including hotel General Managers
Why you'll love working with Encore
- No day is the same but every day is rewarding: We work in the exciting world of events. Every event presents its own set of unique thrills and challenges, charging our teams to be creative yet pragmatic every day.
- We turn ordinary events into extraordinary experiences: It's our passion for creating unforgettable experiences
- We cultivate great culture! At Encore we grow teams that are seriously fun.
- You will be an integral part to the business and as such, will be in a position to showcase your passion for our events.